Speed in battle.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speed in battle.

Post by Amon on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 am

A little thing that bothers me. This is coming from someone with only vs. CPU experience. I haven't tried battling other players yet. It seems like the way battles are set up, the only time the speed of the pokemon ever comes in to play is when determining who goes first, and from there it's just taking turns back and forth. It kind of makes moves like Quick Attack useless because when it's your turn, you're going to attack first regardless. This also comes up when you beat a trainer's pokemon on your turn, and they bring out theirs. Since it's technically their "turn", they'll be able to attack right away with a fresh new pokemon whether it's faster than yours or not. I haven't played an official pokemon in awhile now but if I recall, it didn't really work like this. It was more like "command phase"; Both sides picked their moves, and then "attack phase" where the faster one attacked first, rather than player phase, enemy phase, player phase, etc.

This may be the only thing that especially bothers me about Citrine and I'd love to see a system that works a little more closely to the official games.

Last edited by Amon on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Amon
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speed in battle.

Post by Fint on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:27 am

Discussed 100 times already, a possible change in the future.

Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top