Pokemon Concerns~ (Text concerns too)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pokemon Concerns~ (Text concerns too)

Post by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:24 am

~[Chaoscarrier]~ (For those who don't know my RokuzDestiny tag.)

I love Citrine. I enjoy playing and I collected all 8 Badges pretty quickly, set up an impeccible 12 pokemon team, and have begun training nonstop.

I have only 2 concerns in this game:

-[1]- There are no Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite throughout this entire game. I've searched every possible on-land and off-land area. The only thing I found was Lapras from solving the Maze after I acquired Surf. I know that Dragonite is an incredible pokemon and is very adaptable when it comes to TMs and etc., but I can't help wanting that pokemon alot right now. Fint doesn't -have- to add it, and by my personal opinion, it may be an incredibly horrible decision to add it (Nearly everyone will want/catch it). Dragonite is rather special to me, due to my past experiences with raising them, so I thought I'd bring my concerns up, even if it's not in the game's best interest to allow everyone to run around with Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite.

-[2]- The text/message system used for everyone to communicate. It's more than capable of getting the point across and I like how easily you can swap from each chat category to communicate efficiently. My only problem with it is rather big. The message/text system made forces everyone to use improper grammar whether they want to or not. Because it uncapitalizes anything past the first letter in each message, it becomes hard to express little faces made from text and it makes most semi-long to long messages look horrible. The chat/text system should be changed/modified, so that we (propbably just me >>) can properly enjoy using proper grammar. I dislike it how people go around mispelling words or not using proper grammar and complaining that it's "too hard" or that it takes "too long". I started out like any other person online. Slow typer, didn't use grammar, and I spelled horribly. Over the years after 1 person in my life taught me the importance of grammar/spelling (Though I'm not a fan of caring what looks good, I believe that how you type/spell/use grammar is what seperates the regular oddballs of the internet from the degenerate fools who complain without trying to do anything). If you aren't willing to type sentences properly while doing -anything- that involves it, then you're showing how lazy you are, and just how uneducated/unwilling to use your brain you are. If you continue to work at it, and take your time to type everything out (going insane over spelling is just some stereotype by the lazy/unwilling), then eventually you'll get used to it. The speed of your typing will increase and your hands/brain will memorize the keys, so that you can focus more on the screen watching possible errors, and less time watching the keyboard. Spelling doesn't have to be perfect either. As long as you atleast give it a try, or run a possibly harder to spell word through www.dictionary.com or ask someone else who might know, then you're fine.

[I have -no- idea why I just typed any of that up. >> I'll maybe get -1- person who will actually read this, and the person will probably already use proper spelling/grammar.][Sometimes I feel like I try too hard at times I shouldn't be trying at all. >> ]

Last edited by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
RokuzDestiny
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon Concerns~ (Text concerns too)

Post by Samilator on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:35 am

Read your post, the capital thingies could use a change. I mean, I can't use one of my favourite smileys (xD) this way.
Samilator
Master
Master

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:40 am

That's part of improper grammar. Not capitalizing where capitalization is made. However, we don't have a say in it because the system for our messages is set that way. Not saying Fint did anything to spite us, just saying that it's a good idea that he go back over it and possibly change it so that we can express ourselves more in our messages while playing the game.
Keep up t3h good work, Flint~ (>>; Wonder if he'll ever see this.)
RokuzDestiny
Normal
Normal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:45 am

It's also a good idea to do so while the game is currently down because that will get more done and the game won't have to go down later for it.
RokuzDestiny
Normal
Normal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:52 am

Well regarding dratini and it's evolutions, its not in teh game because im coding a quest for it.
Same for snorlax.

As for the chat, I totally get your point, but you dont want to know how many people screw around in the chat if I dont monitor/alter it.
And this is based on experiences I had with the earlier versiosn of the game.
At some point I will add some "propper" chat monitoring, and your request will be used for this.
Right now it's not something I can put time in.

Got very little time, so really need to spend it well, and expanding the game and fixing gameplay issues is top priority rigt now.
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:53 am

Thanks for the post btw! All feedback is very welcome!
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xburnedx on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:56 am

quest, as in you journey your way around by doing quests and get rewards for it?

xburnedx
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:59 am

Awesome.

Thanks for the info. xP
RokuzDestiny
Normal
Normal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:04 am

Yez, xburnedx.

There are available quests out there now. 1 for Ghastly & another for Chansey.
RokuzDestiny
Normal
Normal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xburnedx on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:27 am

who do you talk to to do these quests?

xburnedx
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RokuzDestiny on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:32 am

There is a pokemon center on a small path with a girl infront of it on your way to Fushia City (Koga - 5th badge). Just infront of that pokemon center a girl will ask for super potions. Give her ..er, 15-20? She'll give you a Chansey.

There's a scientist on a sort of piece of land surrounded by water, but still basically part of the land. You know where the area is that you exit Mt. Moon? If you go left, and up across a small bridge, you'll see 2 tombstones, and a Scientist to your left. This Scientist wants a Wigglytuff from you. Get a Jigglypuff from the area just before Fushia city, buy a moonstone in Saffron city (Sabrina's city), and evolve the Jigglypuff to a Wigglytuff. Once you've done that, you can trade it to the Scientist for a Lv5 Ghastly. If you don't have more than 1 Jiggly puff, then you may want to put Wigglytuff into the day care with a ditto long enough to get an egg, then trade it.
RokuzDestiny
Normal
Normal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top