Newest Post!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newest Post!

Post by Baralai15 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:34 am

That is awesome info. Fint nd good job working too. I cannot wait to get Dratini and the test league! What are all your thoughts on the newest update?

Also with the breeding issue, will our pokemon be taken out or will they still be the same where I would have to pay 50k+ money to get them out Wink and I was also wondering if you increased the money rate won after battle?

Oh and also I have noticed the points on our bio.. what are those for?

Last edited by Baralai15 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Re: Newest Post!

Post by Samilator on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 am

- The PvP level mechanics will be looked at and tweaked

This is good news because I found out that it's not very hard to exploit the previous system with some patience, I can explain how in a PM if you want (Even in Dutch if you want =P)

Also, you finished the bugs faster than I expected xD

EDIT: This post is in no way caused by the thing you said about rewarding reporting exploits =P

I actually read the bug fixes after I posted this =D
Samilator
Master
Master

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:55 am

I am the one who told him about that Sam when me and him were talking for so long in game and all that. I explained to him how you cheat the PVP.
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-12-21

View user profile http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 am

Well I personally cannot wait to get Dratini =) I actually have some motivation to the game now and too bad that the black terrain leading to our secret hideout has been taken out Sad lol it was fun while it lasted Wink
Baralai15
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:38 am

Oh if you mean the PvP shop door thing, I don't really care 'bout that =P, I mean something else xD How you can increase your pvp level on your own

Last edited by Samilator on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Samilator
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 am

My only complaint is low money rates but as earlier posts it has been taken care of, I just can't wait to play again and it's nice to know we didn't get a P-wipe, I still wouldn't mind if it did get p-wiped if it helped out the game...

Back to Maple...
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Shop door what? PvP on your own? QUE?!
Seriously, i think there are so many exploits I don't know of.

Spit it out
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 pm

If you and a friend battle back and forth, as I've told you about, repeatedly, your levels will increase and decrease, keeping you about the same level. Letting eachother win back and forth. If this happens...then your PVP level increases dramatically along with theirs, and neither will stay the same nor go up. This of course allows you to reach 80 within an hour at most. To fix this, because I don't know if the coding could do it since it is a variable thing...I'd just implement you can only battle each person once per day, any further battles don't count towards the PVP...
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:54 pm

TheDoctor wrote:My only complaint is low money rates but as earlier posts it has been taken care of, I just can't wait to play again and it's nice to know we didn't get a P-wipe, I still wouldn't mind if it did get p-wiped if it helped out the game...

Back to Maple...

thats what I want to know as well, ive heard it would be increased but im not sure if it has yet?
Baralai15
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Alrighto I'll send you the PM with the info I have

Also Mikva... there's more than what you said

DunDUnDUNnNNnnNnN!!

But I probably won't send it right now because I am dead tired from the school trip we had =P
Samilator
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:03 am

Well, all we can do for now is wait, although Im gonna be waiting a while before I start PVPing... need stat raising medicines... a lot of them...
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Well the money rate went up a bit, meening rebatteling trainers gives you slightly more.
Besides that I added medals, if you catch all BUG type Pokemon and talk to an NPC you get 2000 for each Pokemon.

Example, there are 9 differend Psychic base Pokemon, catch em all and you get 18000 money.

Time to cheer?
Fint
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:20 pm

*High fives Fint*

I'm happy!

No more complaints here.

And the shop door, which I did use momentarily, same with about every tester here except 1 other person.
When you try to enter the pvp shop and if you do not have enough points to enter it pushes you back one space, right? Well if you hold down the UP arrow it'll keep on going up over and over so, if you have Pokemon in the daycare or trying to raise happiness this makes it "faster" so you do not have to do it manually so if you could you could get something heavy and put it on the UP arrow, you could just leave it on and let the rcok do all the work.
Did I explain it well enough?

I meant to tell you when the game was still on, but it slipped my mind after awhile.
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:28 pm

TheDoctor wrote:*High fives Fint*

I'm happy!

No more complaints here.

And the shop door, which I did use momentarily, same with about every tester here except 1 other person.
When you try to enter the pvp shop and if you do not have enough points to enter it pushes you back one space, right? Well if you hold down the UP arrow it'll keep on going up over and over so, if you have Pokemon in the daycare or trying to raise happiness this makes it "faster" so you do not have to do it manually so if you could you could get something heavy and put it on the UP arrow, you could just leave it on and let the rcok do all the work.
Did I explain it well enough?

I meant to tell you when the game was still on, but it slipped my mind after awhile.

Might I add that this one is used in almost every pokemon game (for example the iron factory thing in D/P/PT) =P But I think it can easily be fixed if the player just stands still upon trying to enter the shop without a pvp level of 80, or maybe even teleport somewhere where there is limited space =P, maybe the inn of vermillion

Also I think I'll start writing that PM now P
Samilator
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm

I guess now I have a reason to... *cough*... catch em all... wow... never expected to hear myself use that phrase...
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Sam, do me one little favor though, cause it has irritated me the last few post. Just because someone hasn't discovered one of the other bugs, don't hold it over their head with the crap-eating face expressions, it is rather irritating. You discovered a bug, ok, you report it, you don't go: Oooh, well thats not it, there is other ways...HAHAHA....I ISH BETTA DEN U...Cause that is what it comes across as, and it is very irritating when someone does that. You politely go, "Oh, there is other ways, and then you PM fint or post it on here...simple as that."
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:58 pm

woshotods wrote:Sam, do me one little favor though, cause it has irritated me the last few post. Just because someone hasn't discovered one of the other bugs, don't hold it over their head with the crap-eating face expressions, it is rather irritating. You discovered a bug, ok, you report it, you don't go: Oooh, well thats not it, there is other ways...HAHAHA....I ISH BETTA DEN U...Cause that is what it comes across as, and it is very irritating when someone does that. You politely go, "Oh, there is other ways, and then you PM fint or post it on here...simple as that."

Your sure Sam can take criticism, like this, the right way? o . o;; (Worried that post will now begin to get out of hand.)
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Woshotods has this "ill say it to your face" personality.
Im sure everybody knows that and doesnt take it as an "attack" or anything.
Keep in mind his intentions are only good! Atleast I think so Wink
Fint
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Btw the other way to do it was just having multiple players, Im looking into it.
But finding a way to rank people seems to be quite hard, the fact remains loads of people have BYOND buddies with 100 milion acounts.
Dummies need to be eleminated, maybe I should restrict the location of PvP Battles so only people who have put in time can PvP. Or I could make sure people need a certain badge or something?

Ideas?

Btw the current ranking system was bugged from the beginning, it wasnt supposed to go uup with 10 all the time. Which screwed it up big time.
Its based on the way they rank tennis players, but if anyone has a better idea, let me know!
Fint
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Maybe people with more than 1 or 2 accounts should be suspended for 1 day, then 2nd time they are caught, a week, and third time they get Banned. The 3 strikes, your out rule!
Baralai15
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Baralai15 wrote:Maybe people with more than 1 or 2 accounts should be suspended for 1 day, then 2nd time they are caught, a week, and third time they get Banned. The 3 strikes, your out rule!

Ok, but how is Fint gonna be able to find out if it's the same? Other than IP... cause right now, I could be on REO from this computer, and REO2 from a nearby laptop (AKA my college laptop)

If you ask me, we need to settle that before settling how to deal with them... and if/when we find out how to discern who's an alt and whatnot, Fint will have to integrate it as an autosystem within the coding or something... (*autosystem* - the programming that tells the game to automatically check for... etc etc)

Btw, if none of that made any sense, Im sorry. I just got done studying and doing a massive amount of college algebra homework... at least now I know how to tell if an equation has a circle for a graph... and how to find it's centerpoint and radius...
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 pm

NeoZeke wrote:
Baralai15 wrote:Maybe people with more than 1 or 2 accounts should be suspended for 1 day, then 2nd time they are caught, a week, and third time they get Banned. The 3 strikes, your out rule!

Ok, but how is Fint gonna be able to find out if it's the same? Other than IP... cause right now, I could be on REO from this computer, and REO2 from a nearby laptop (AKA my college laptop)

If you ask me, we need to settle that before settling how to deal with them... and if/when we find out how to discern who's an alt and whatnot, Fint will have to integrate it as an autosystem within the coding or something... (*autosystem* - the programming that tells the game to automatically check for... etc etc)

Btw, if none of that made any sense, Im sorry. I just got done studying and doing a massive amount of college algebra homework... at least now I know how to tell if an equation has a circle for a graph... and how to find it's centerpoint and radius...

you have to make it difficult Razz good point though but we can have undercovers Wink But I think we should be Allowed 2 Accounts at max
Baralai15
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Yes, my intentions were good, and yes I have an in your face attitude, I guess it comes with age and lack of patience for individuals. I get along with Sam quite well, in game, and usually on here, I just didn't appreciate those last few post and was bringing it towards his attention is all. Nothing meant personal by it at all.

As for a way to go about the PVP system. I know that people have multiple accounts and all that, but it would still be difficult for them. Remember, the system is set up for people in your range to give you the most points towards going up. So technically, if they have multiple accounts they'd have to battle people nearer to their level and all that. To stop people from just holding on till the end and beating up a newb alt you could make it required that an individual must have 3 pokemon level 10+ and must have the 3rd badge. Then also you can only battle with someone's alt once per day and it count. If you combine those two things, they can't just create a new character, bring it on, battle it, create another, bring it on, battle it. This prevents quick growth and makes it harder. That way everyone has to gain at least 3 badges, have 3 Level 10 pokemon, and it can thus save everyone the hassle of back and forth over and over for rank. I hope I explained that properly. As for a better way for the ranking to go up. I like this idea....It will take longer, but that's the fun of battling. Everytime you battle you go up 2 points for a win, down 1 point for a loss. That still makes it easier for you to reach higher levels, but at the same time gives you point losses for losing. I like that system better....No adding, no statistics...HOWEVER! To counteract fighting low ranked people. The person must be within 10 of your score...10 up, 10 down or you gain 0 points.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Zeke-kun just wants to buy something in that place, just once :3
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm

@woshotods

That system wont work, the thing is people can battle as much as they want.
This way you lose and it's -1, you win and it's +2. In other words if someone loses, and fights the winner and wins, and keeps this up, they just gain endless points.

The tricky part is that this needs to be dummy-free and that it's all relative to eachother. We do not want everybody to reach lvl 100 like you would with exp, only the best players are lvl 100.

Iv been tweaking the system im using atm, should do fine.
Fint
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next