Newest Post!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Newest Post!

Post by NeoZeke on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Fint wrote:@woshotods

That system wont work, the thing is people can battle as much as they want.
This way you lose and it's -1, you win and it's +2. In other words if someone loses, and fights the winner and wins, and keeps this up, they just gain endless points.

The tricky part is that this needs to be dummy-free and that it's all relative to eachother. We do not want everybody to reach lvl 100 like you would with exp, only the best players are lvl 100.

Iv been tweaking the system im using atm, should do fine.

Why dont we just use the Test League? I think if we build the PVP system around that, or at least attach it to the Test League, then we can make it work a bit more... Like... you get more PVP points for winning in the League than you do with normal PVP... Glad to hear that your working hard Fint Very Happy
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 am

True enough, well then how about the 2 up, 2 down system. Instead of it being 2+ and 1- it can be 2+, 2-. Each win is 2, each loss is minus 2. It's just better than working on averages like it is now in my opinion, but if you don't think it will work that is perfectly fine, just a suggestion.
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-12-21

View user profile http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:06 am

I love your ideas and adding to what you said before, you can only battle each person once per day.
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 am

The only way to keep track of kicked members are GM's and what usually happens when GM's are brought into the fray the game can become more out of hand, especially some who spam on forums asking to be a GM, people who decide to try and hack.
So in the end, it'd be to much work and make a big mess.

I find PvP rating over rated (GET IT!?).
So if you took out the PvP shop, it'd get rid of 2 problems.
But I still find this problem to be over-rated.
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:33 am

Fint wrote:@woshotods

That system wont work, the thing is people can battle as much as they want.
This way you lose and it's -1, you win and it's +2. In other words if someone loses, and fights the winner and wins, and keeps this up, they just gain endless points.

The tricky part is that this needs to be dummy-free and that it's all relative to eachother. We do not want everybody to reach lvl 100 like you would with exp, only the best players are lvl 100.

Iv been tweaking the system im using atm, should do fine.

Well... I got an idea for this Very Happy
Peoples whit more PvP lvl, should lose more points if they are beaten!
Expecially, if they are beaten by a player who got lower PvP!
Tigersaber
Master
Master

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 am

woshotods wrote:Sam, do me one little favor though, cause it has irritated me the last few post. Just because someone hasn't discovered one of the other bugs, don't hold it over their head with the crap-eating face expressions, it is rather irritating. You discovered a bug, ok, you report it, you don't go: Oooh, well thats not it, there is other ways...HAHAHA....I ISH BETTA DEN U...Cause that is what it comes across as, and it is very irritating when someone does that. You politely go, "Oh, there is other ways, and then you PM fint or post it on here...simple as that."

My bad, sorry
Samilator
Master
Master

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Tigersaber wrote:Well... I got an idea for this Very Happy
Peoples whit more PvP lvl, should lose more points if they are beaten!
Expecially, if they are beaten by a player who got lower PvP!

Isnt that kind of the system that was in place already until the game went down? -looking at the PVP guide in Library-
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:48 pm

sorry, I wasn't on a high lvl! xD I couldn't now xD
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:52 pm

S'okay, but still, I wonder...

Im still all for just using the League for all PVP issues... like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd all get PVP points... +50 for 1st, +30 for 2nd, and +10 for 3rd...

Of course, the League would have to be changed a little so there arent people dominating... It has to be fair so one/three people arent winning all the time...

What do you guys think? Also, while Im at it, Ill throw this in:

Different Leagues for different levels... like a lv 10 League... like with Pokemon Stadium or whatever that game was for N64...
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:15 pm

What do you mean it has to be fair? I dont think it should have to be fair. We top trainers train really hard to get where we are now and I know i dont think it needs to be fair. If you want to be in the top and win then work hard on your pokemon and train them right and maybe you will have a chance against us.
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 988

View user profile http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Baralai15 wrote:What do you mean it has to be fair? I dont think it should have to be fair. We top trainers train really hard to get where we are now and I know i dont think it needs to be fair. If you want to be in the top and win then work hard on your pokemon and train them right and maybe you will have a chance against us.

No, I didnt mean it like that... umm.. hmm...

Letsee... the best way to put it... umm...

..........................!

I know! This is sort of what I meant:

When I said dominating, I meant not having someone winning over and over, like I said, cause that would make things boring and nobody would want to be in the tournament....

Ok, maybe I didnt mean it like that, sorry, I dont know how to explain it better... maybe someone else can make sense of what I was trying to say? Shocked
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 pm

A break down of the system I would put in place then so that I can get the discussion going a bit:

-Must have 3 badges at least in order to enter PVP battling.
-Must have at least 3 pokemon Level 10 minimum.
-Each win is 2 points, each loss is 2 points.
-Person you are facing must be within 10 PVP of you, up, or down.
-You can only battle that person ONCE per day to prevent repeated battling.

If you look at it this way, a person would have to win 40 times at least with people within their range in order to get into that building, which is still slightly less than it is now, but at the same time it makes it just as hard. The badge and pokemon clause prevent creating random alts in order to battle, battle, and battle some more against people's alts to continue to go up. Person being within 10 PVP up or down prevents you fighting only people below your level to reach the top. Fighting someone once per day only for that particular name prevents repeated battles to keep rising up. The two points up and two points down prevents the system from having to run on averages like it is now, therefore it is an easier implemented system and easier to maintain. It also prevents tiny bugs from getting into it. If you can only go up 2 or down 2 you don't have the possibility of exploiting averages. This would also make someone have to win at least 40 times in a row in order to enter the secret room. Which is still significantly less than what it takes on the averages and all that...which would have been at least 48 wins of people your level or higher. I know this system may have some flaws to find, but it can be tweaked as well, you wouldn't have problems with bugs in it, and it wouldn't be able to be exploited due to the guidance rules.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 pm

No, I didnt mean it like that... umm.. hmm...

Letsee... the best way to put it... umm...

..........................!

I know! This is sort of what I meant:

When I said dominating, I meant not having someone winning over and over, like I said, cause that would make things boring and nobody would want to be in the tournament....

Do you mean that not the same people have to keep fighting the same people over and over again, that there could be variation in who fights who?
Samilator
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:39 pm

I think he means more like, if you win the tournament, not being able to participate the next time so that someone else has a chance to win.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Mmm, that wouldn't really be fair to the one who busted his balls to get his awesome team
Samilator
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Samilator wrote:Mmm, that wouldn't really be fair to the one who busted his balls to get his awesome team

True, but its designed to give everyone else a chance, and besides, they can win the next time they go back in... so its like:

1.) Win
2.) Out
3.) Win
4.) Out

...etc etc

So, your still working, and still reaping the rewards...

I guess thats kinda how I meant to say it, I just want a system where everyone has a chance, and the people who bust their butts off dont dominate, but still have a chance to win as much as they can...
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Oke, well im drawing a conclusion here.

1: The things suggested fit with the system im tweaking, so no need to find ways to rank we have a way which just needs a few changes.
(Everything suggested is already the idea behind the current system)
2: We need a badge limit for PVP

Now what we could discuss is the following, what would be a good way to handle PvP?
Keep it the wau it is right now? You can challange everyone
Or maybe change it to 1 place were all battles take place?

I could make each Inn a place to battle people, ill just add inn keepers which alow you to battle even people in differend towns/cities.
Or I could expand the league island, call it "battle island" and have both the league aswell as the PvP happen there. The league part will just only open when a league is being held.

Which would you prefer, or are there other options i missed?
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Tag battle, rofl! ( I know that this idea is breaked before. just said it couse it's cool for this topic! XD)

Anyway, I vote for the Last solution!! The battle island sounds cool! It should be tottaly like the Battle Frontier, just whit players! xD 1 PvP point = 1 plain badge!The icon sohuld look like this: the badge itself, and the numbers below it (if stacked). ^^
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:39 pm

My personal vote go's to the Island aswell, but the Inn idea would make the Inn more usefull, and actually a place to meet.
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Thats true too! ( Ok, now a crazy idea xD) ---> Or put a PokeSlots game in the inn! xD Just like the normal Slots just whit pokemon theme, and rewards(Example: if you hit the jackpot, you get a random TM reward)! This could also increase the popularity of the inn and should solve the Money Question! xD
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Actually, I got a pretty good idea for the battle island. Instead of it being ON league island...Map it off to the side of it, and instead of being able to get to it freely, you'd have to use surf...This would mean there is a badge count, and only people with 6 badges will be able to get there. This would work perfectly for us all. There would be no way to skip past getting the badges if one had to surf to the battle island instead of being able to just walk there. That way it won't be overrun with just overly powerful people.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 pm

and maybe a very very very very very very rare legendary pokemon there! xD
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:28 pm

It's already been discussed that legendaries are available only to the person who wins the Pokemon League, and they would have to manage to catch it to even have it. x)
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Know! I thinked for this! That person will go to the battle island and start to search for it. Then he/she gives it up and go to drink a tea in the Inn! Very Happy so 50-50 ^^
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:38 pm

No, the prize for winning the pokemon league I believe is a key to one of those caves that no one can enter and inside is the resting legendary. You battle it, and stand a chance of catching it, but if you don't catch it...guess what? OH NO! No legendary.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next