Master
Master

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newest Post!

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Pretty much, so even if you win league it is like 50/50 chance you'll walk out with one.
Tenes
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-12-21

View user profile http://www.trainertenes.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 pm

I'm not sure about this, but I think that if someone trades a low level pokemon with surf with a player who doesn't have the HM, but still the move itself, he can actually use surf. Well I've never seen it but I think is once saw this with HM fly

If this isn't the case mikva's suggestion could work
Samilator
Master
Master

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 pm

If this true, then the limit should be 8 badge or obtaining a Battle Pass after it at the Battle Island!Wink (It should look like a Contest Pass for Coordinators) , and could have, How many days it's active! When you reached this time limit, you should go back to the Battle Island, to re-activate your Battle Pass, for a fee! If you don't got, or unactive, you are unable to get in the Arena! Wink So the NPC in the Battle Island can only give it to you after you show your 8 badge! So anybody can go to the island, but not anybody can go In the arena! Very Happy
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 pm

That's why the second part, the badge requirement is implemented Sam.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Samilator on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Oh, didn't read that part, my bad
Samilator
Master
Master

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Haha, it's ok, but yes. If a badge requirement has to be met you can't enter the island regardless.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:01 am

Well, the Battle Pass should be cool, but the 8 Badge is enough too! xD
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:02 am

I always tuning up every idea a "bit" xD
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 am

You didn't have to post twice in a row Tiger, you should resort to just editing your post and stuff or it will appear as spam. Spam is not good, therefore avoid posting twice in a row when the option to edit your post is available. There is no reason for a battlepass, it is pointless to spend money on that when fighting eachother should be free, the badge requirement is enough....
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am

or maybe obtaining the battle pass can be a side quest like you have to defeat a trainer and when you win you get the battle pass. You can put this trainer in Vermilion, i think the places is... (its been a while) the place where the 80 pvp store is.
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigersaber on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 am

1st: Thanks the idea! xD
2nd:I said before in a post that it's " Crazy Idea"! In my dictionary, it means, not a real idea, just a funny comment of a crazy-cool thing, that was in my mind! xD
Tigersaber
Master
Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:30 am

There's no real reason for the battlepass, you guys are throwing out this battlepass as something important. All the island is for is to have a place where people who want to battle can go to in order to battle. Battlepasses, purchasing, fighting for it, it is all pointless. Pure and simple, a place where only a certain group can get because of required badge count, nothing else needs to be done than that. I am sorry to get all fussy, but adding in extra items and stuff for no more of a reason then something that could be easily solved with badge count is pointless.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 am

Final Idea -

Players need to have certain badges to PvP other people at certain levels, like you cant challenge people higher than you, nor lower than you, but you can challenge people who are about equal with you.

But then people would just get all the badges and bust their butts and become PVP freaks, wouldnt they...

|\/|
  </ ̄ ̄丶
 __彡ノメノノレリ〉
 \ ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
  ><(つiつ
 ∠_く//」」〉" Cirno Does Not Like Thinking This Hard
NeoZeke
Super
Super

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-05-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 am

For all I care, we don't need a PvP rating system, just regular PvP, solve a lot of problems, so no once a day bull crap, no going to some island....

It makes it to complicated at a certain point of view.

Just saying.
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:05 am

If you would of read through the forum posting and all that, you would of learned that was already stated by me way back. I suggested you can't battle with anyone and it count if they are more than 10 PVP away from you, up or down.

Also Doc, if you noticed that's what we have now and the system is currently flawed by that way. These are suggestions and ways to keep from exploiting certain bugs and cheats that can come along with the current system.

Battling someone more than once a day is a way to get you and a friend together to battle back and forth to keep going up due to it running off averages. Keeping it down to once or twice a day and it COUNT towards your PVP prevents people from rapid sparring...Duh..

The current system, which is just regular PVP has been shown not to currently work to the potential that it needs to and is easily exploited, because of that there has to be changes made, that's what this topic is for.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:26 am

woshotods wrote:If you would of read through the forum posting and all that, you would of learned that was already stated by me way back. I suggested you can't battle with anyone and it count if they are more than 10 PVP away from you, up or down.

Also Doc, if you noticed that's what we have now and the system is currently flawed by that way. These are suggestions and ways to keep from exploiting certain bugs and cheats that can come along with the current system.

Battling someone more than once a day is a way to get you and a friend together to battle back and forth to keep going up due to it running off averages. Keeping it down to once or twice a day and it COUNT towards your PVP prevents people from rapid sparring...Duh..

The current system, which is just regular PVP has been shown not to currently work to the potential that it needs to and is easily exploited, because of that there has to be changes made, that's what this topic is for.

But in the end, I guess Fint's just gonna use a Trial & Error system to redefine the PvP system...
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 am

Yes but as he stated earlier he has taken some of the suggestions here to implement into how he was tweaking the system.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 am

Yep so that basically sums up that convo, i cant wait til game is back up im going to go shiny hunting =)
Baralai15
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoZeke on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:51 am

Baralai15 wrote:Yep so that basically sums up that convo, i cant wait til game is back up im going to go shiny hunting =)

So your Shiny Hunter Bara-kun... huh, thought your name sounded familiar XD
NeoZeke
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 am

No, Bara is his name in the game. Baralai15 is Baralai15 in the game.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 am

woshotods wrote:If you would of read through the forum posting and all that, you would of learned that was already stated by me way back. I suggested you can't battle with anyone and it count if they are more than 10 PVP away from you, up or down.

WHAT I MEANT:
Take out the RATING SYSTEM.
So there's no impulse to cheat, just plain fun battling.
It's over-rated, and people are gnihctib about it, so the best idea is so we don't have to put any of that non-sense in just take out the rating system, no bonuses for having any rating.
Do I need to say it again, just my opinion.
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fint on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
WHAT I MEANT:
Take out the RATING SYSTEM.
So there's no impulse to cheat, just plain fun battling.
It's over-rated, and people are gnihctib about it, so the best idea is so we don't have to put any of that non-sense in just take out the rating system, no bonuses for having any rating.
Do I need to say it again, just my opinion.

It is over-rated, but imagine how many people start whining if I take the rating out.
Hell I might aswell take out the league, what's the use?

The reason why I want PvP rating is because PvE is not endless.
At some point people will have beeaten the game and are looking for something else to do.
PvP is a great way to keep the game interesting, it gives you reason to keep trying and a way to see how well you are doing.
Even someone ranked at the very top will have a reason to keep battling, sooner or later a person will build a better team.

These systems can be made cheat-proof
Everything we all discussed here is already in the current system in some way.
Im thinking of locking this topic, since everything is pretty clear if you ask me.
Fint
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 683

View user profile http://pokemoncitrine.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Exactly, that is the point there is what a lot of us are trying to get across. Doc, I agree in some ways that just battling for fun would be wonderful and stuff, but see, that is the thing now. If we implement the battle island then you can just battle for fun anywhere else in the game and only those who think PVP matters will go to the island. So in a way, you are solving two wants with one fix.

You state you want to just battle for fun, are not concerned with PVP rating. Then you would never have to go to the island and could just battle people on main maps and stuff for fun and have no worry of rating or anything. Those who want to get into secret rooms, do quests, or do other little neat things implemented to keep them busy could go to the Battle Island to earn PVP points so that they could do such a thing.

You should just calm down, and if your statement gets misunderstood it is because you didn't clarify it properly, so don't get hissy.
Tenes
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:20 am

woshotods wrote:No, Bara is his name in the game. Baralai15 is Baralai15 in the game.

yes thank you Mikva for clerifying it Smile and well I am a shiny hunter on spare time but am not succeeding quite yet Wink Im still looking for that yellow fishy!
Baralai15
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next