Some helpful things

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some helpful things

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:27 am

Hey there, I was looking at the game and notices some animations and some consistencies relating to Pokemon games were missing, however, I know of a few ways to fix them or add extra effects. For example: The health bars, when hit they seem to immediately track to the health without that smooth health drop that you get form the Pokemon games (I don't know if this has been changed as I haven't played Citrine in a while). I'm willing to go and work out a system, both iconed and coded to add that effect to the game, as well as smooth walking from tile to tile and battle animations.

I'm not requesting any GM spot (though I'd accept it) I just want to help this game because I used to love Pokemon, I ended up losing interest a while ago hut I see a lot more potential for this game than I've ever seen in any online Naruto or Bleach game. Why? Because the Pokemon system will work perfectly with Byond. with the other games, people are making it up as they go.

Anyway, I'd really love to help and if you need any credentials as to how good I am. I was the Coder and Main Iconner of Naruto Shipuuden Storm, the Naruto game which people thought was going to take down GOA. Unfortunately due to conflicts with staff and me needing time off, I left the game. Of course, they crashed it into the ground. Sorry for all this ranting let me just give you my contact info.

In-Game Name: Kaoru
Byond Key: (old)Bravo1; Unkerlant King(current)
MSN: Lachapelled@bellsouth.net
AIM or Yahoo: Darkblitz9

If you don't consider me for work, that's fine, but I'd really like to help. Thanks.

~K

Back to top Go down

Re: Some helpful things

Post by The Doctor on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:19 pm

I like your ideas, but the mod part, Fint only lets people who he really trusts help out/be a mod.
Try and get more well known, help out I don't know exactly what to say on that part....
And who doesn't want to help with the best game on byond Very Happy
I'm not being biased or anything, I hate it when people are biased...
The Doctor
Master
Master

Number of posts : 765
Location : California, also known as the most wicked part of Earth...
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laser_65 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:22 pm

I agree, but smoothness of a game cannot come when computers and net are out-dated.. People on dial-up will "hiccup" and seem choppy. I'm sure Fint has the smoothness of it under control, for the most-part. Also with BYOND, the newer versions seem to lag, so.. eh.. They have got to fix that. Effects in the game won't be added for some time. It's best to work on things that are problematic to the game first. Adding sound and effects will also have to change the coding. Delaying for it to move the icons and make sounds and show images. That should be messed with later. Also, with that, it can certainly screen-bug more often. .. Just a reminder about how crappy BYOND can be. Help is always appreciated, and maybe you can show Fint some of your work. You seem cool enough.
Laser_65
Normal
Normal

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baralai15 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:47 am

I like the smoothness part i would like no lag that would make gameplay a lot easier but im sure once fint knows you like thedoctor has said he may be interested in another helpful Mod and im sure he wont mind help at all and it could make production on the game at least 10% faster and that would be fine also!!
Baralai15
Master
Master

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2008-09-24

View user profile http://myspace.com.irlbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top